From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1112.
Year 1112 (MCXII) was a leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- February 3 – The count of Barcelona, Ramon Berenguer III, obtains the county of Provence, due to his marriage to the heiress, Douce.
- Easter – The people of Laon, France, having proclaimed a commune, murder their bishop, Waldric, in his cathedral.
- Salzwedel, Germany is founded.
- The German Margraviate of Baden is founded by Herman II.
- Afonso I becomes Count of Portugal.
- Otto, Count of Ballenstedt is made Duke of Saxony by Henry V, Holy Roman Emperor, but later stripped of the title.
- Gallus Anonymus begins to write Gesta principum Polonorum, to Bolesław III Wrymouth.
- ^ Dell'Umbria, Alèssi (2006). Histoire universelle de Marseille, de l'an mil à l'an deux mille. Marseille: Agone. p. 19. ISBN 2-7489-0061-8.