From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1133.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1130 1131 1132 – 1133 – 1134 1135 1136|
|1133 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1133 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1886|
|English Regnal year||33 Hen. 1 – 34 Hen. 1|
|Chinese calendar||壬子年 (Water Rat)
3829 or 3769
— to —
癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3830 or 3770
|- Vikram Samvat||1189–1190|
|- Shaka Samvat||1055–1056|
|- Kali Yuga||4234–4235|
|Japanese calendar||Chōshō 2
|Minguo calendar||779 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1444/1445 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1675–1676|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1133.|
- Geoffrey of Monmouth produces the Historia Regum Britanniae.
- Construction of the Durham Cathedral is completed in England.
- Construction of Exeter Cathedral begins in England.
- June 4 – Lothair III is crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Innocent II.
- A papal bull grants Sardinia and half of Corsica to Pisa.
- At the battle of Fraga, the Castellan troops led by king Alfonso the Battler defeat the Almoravid army thanks to a timely intervention of a Norman crusader army from Tarragona led by Robert Burdet.
- Ramon Berenguer IV, Count of Barcelona launches a raid against Almoravid-held territories in al-Andalus and pillages the country all the way to Cadiz.
- March 5 – King Henry II of England (d. 1189)
- Hōnen, Japanese founder of Pure Land Buddhism (d. 1212)
- King Sigurd II of Norway (d. 1155)
- February 19 – Irene Ducaena, wife of Alexius I Comnenus (b. 1066)
- December 18 – Hildebert, French writer
- McGrank, Lawrence (1981). "Norman crusaders in the Catalan reconquest: Robert Burdet and the principality of Tarragona, 1129-55". Journal of Medieval History 7 (1): 67–82. doi:10.1016/0304-4181(81)90036-1.