From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1134. For the urban art company, see 1134nyc.
|1134 by topic|
|Political entities - State leaders - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1134 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1887|
|English Regnal year||34 Hen. 1 – 35 Hen. 1|
|Chinese calendar||癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3830 or 3770
— to —
甲寅年 (Wood Tiger)
3831 or 3771
|- Vikram Samvat||1190–1191|
|- Shaka Samvat||1055–1056|
|- Kali Yuga||4234–4235|
|Japanese calendar||Chōshō 3
|Minguo calendar||778 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1445/1446 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1676–1677|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1134.|
- Hugh II of Le Puiset, Count of Jaffa, revolts against King Fulk of Jerusalem.
- Mas'ud becomes sultan of the Seljuk Turks.
- The Kangguo Era begins in the Kara-Khitan Khanate.
- Wu Ge, the Chinese Song Dynasty Deputy Transport Commissioner of Zhejiang, has paddle wheel warships constructed with a total of nine wheels and others with thirteen wheels.
- Vsevolod Mstislavich of Novgorod defeats the Chuds and captures Tartu.
- Yuri Dolgoruki founds the town of Skniatino.
- Iziaslav II of Kiev becomes Prince of Vladimir and Volyn.
- Viacheslav of Kiev becomes Prince of Turov.
- Ermengarde becomes viscountess of Narbonne.
- Narbonne is seized by Alphonse I of Toulouse.
- Castillan defeat at the battle of Fraga against Muslim troops: Alfonso I of Aragon is killed, and succeeded by Ramiro II in Aragon and Garcia VI in Navarre.
- Roger II of Sicily defeats a revolt in Naples.
- Called by Olegarius, the bishop of Tarragona, the knights Templar establish their first stronghold in Catalonia.
- Battle of Färlev: Magnus IV of Norway defeats Harald IV Gille of Norway.
- Harald Kesja and Magnus the Strong are defeated at the Battle of Fotevik.
- Eric II becomes King of Denmark.
- The House of Brandenburg is founded when Albrecht the Bear is made head of the Nordmark.
- Aed mac Domnaill becomes King of Ui Failghe.
- Much of Chartres, France, is destroyed by fire.
- Henry of Lausanne is sentenced to imprisonment by Pope Innocent II.
- The Zeeland archipelago is created by a massive storm in the North Sea.
- Hermann III of Baden marries Bertha of Lorraine.
- Ulrich I becomes Duke of Carinthia.
- May 13 – The Saint-Denis basilica, near Paris, is damaged by a fire. This will give the opportunity to the abbot Suger to rebuild it in a new style, which will open the Gothic period of architecture.
- University of Salamanca established in the Kingdom of León.
- Abdul Qadir Jilani becomes principal of the Hanbali school in Baghdad.
- The Japanese classic text Uchigikishu is written.
- Robert of Ketton and Herman of Carinthia travel throughout France, the Byzantine Empire, and the Crusader States.
- Cormac's Chapel is consecrated.
- Saint Malachy becomes Archbishop of Armagh.
- The Church of St. James is dedicated in Glasgow.
- The Augustinian Runcorn Priory is transferred to Norton Priory.
- Buckfastleigh Abbey is refounded.
- Aelred of Hexham enters the monastery at Rievaulx Abbey.
- St. Stephen Harding becomes abbott of Cîteaux Abbey.
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble is canonized by Innocent II.
- The Cathedral of St. Petri in Schleswig is completed.
- The Abbey of St. Jacob is founded in Würzburg.
- Evermode of Ratzeburg becomes Abbot of Gottesgnaden.
- The Humiliati retreat to a monastery in Milan.
- Leo Styppes becomes Patriarch of Constantinople.
- June 1 – Geoffrey, Count of Nantes (d. 1158)
- King Sancho III of Castile (d. 1158)
- King Sverker I of Sweden (approximate date; d. 1156)
- Raymond V of Toulouse (d. 1194)
- Lord Basava, founder of the Lingayat sect
- March 28 – Saint Stephen Harding, founder of the Cistercian order
- June 4 – Magnus the Strong, Swedish usurper
- June 6 – Saint Norbert, founder of the Norbertine order of canons
- June 25 – King Niels of Denmark
- August 13 – Piroska of Hungary, wife of John II Comnenus
- September – Alfonso I of Aragon
- October 23 – Abu al-Salt, Andalusian polymath
- date unknown