From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1136.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1100s 1110s 1120s – 1130s – 1140s 1150s 1160s|
|Years:||1133 1134 1135 – 1136 – 1137 1138 1139|
|1136 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1136 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||1889|
|English Regnal year||1 Ste. 1 – 2 Ste. 1|
|Chinese calendar||乙卯年 (Wood Rabbit)
3832 or 3772
— to —
丙辰年 (Fire Dragon)
3833 or 3773
|- Vikram Samvat||1192–1193|
|- Shaka Samvat||1058–1059|
|- Kali Yuga||4237–4238|
|Japanese calendar||Hōen 2
|Minguo calendar||776 before ROC
|Seleucid era||1447/1448 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1678–1679|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1136.|
- February 5 – Treaty of Durham: Stephen I of England concedes Cumberland to David I of Scotland.
- The people of Novgorod rebel against the hereditary prince Vsevolod of Pskov and depose him.
- Battle of Crug Mawr: Owain Gwynedd of Wales defeats the Normans.
- Grimoald, duke of Bari, supported by the emperor, rebels against the king of Sicily Roger II.
- In Russia the Novgorod Republic is established in the north west of the region which is one of the major succeeder's to the Kievan Rus' after 254 years.
- Foundation of Melrose Abbey by King David I of Scotland
Arts and culture
- The Saint Denis Basilica is completed in Paris in France.
- Peter Abelard writes the Historia Calamitatum, detailing his relationship with Heloise.
- April 15 – Richard Fitz Gilbert de Clare (b. 1094)
- May 24 – Hughes de Payens, first Grand Master of the Knights Templar (b. c. 1070)
- November 15 – Margrave Leopold III of Austria (b. 1073)
- November 21 – William de Corbeil, Archbishop of Canterbury
- date unknown