Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cardinal||one hundred fourteen|
(one hundred fourteenth)
|Factorization||2 × 3 × 19|
|Divisors||1, 2, 3, 6, 19, 38, 57, 114|
- 114 is an abundant number, a sphenic number and a Harshad number. It is the sum of the first four hyperfactorials, including H(0). At 114, the Mertens function sets a new low of -6, a record that stands until 197.
- 114 is the smallest positive integer* which has yet to be represented as a³ + b³ + c³, where a, b, and c are integers. It is conjectured that 114 can be represented this way. (*Excluding integers of the form 9k ± 4, for which solutions are known not to exist.)
- There is no answer to the equation φ(x) = 114, making 114 a nontotient.
- 114 appears in the Padovan sequence, preceded by the terms 49, 65, 86 (it is the sum of the first two of these).
- 114 is a repdigit in base 7 (222).
In other fields
- One hundred [and] fourteen is also
- Cadmium-114m is a radioisotope and nuclear isomer with a half-life of 14.1 years
- The atomic number of flerovium
- G.114 is an ITU recommendation for acceptable delays for voice application in telecommunications
- The police non-emergency number in Denmark, Sweden and Germany
- The fire emergency telephone number in Vietnam
- The medical emergency/ambulance number in Mauritius
- The online and telephone directory number in Israel.
- The number of Surah (Chapters) in the Quran (Holy book of Islam)
- The number of logion in the Gospel of Thomas
- The maximum number of points a team can obtain in one season in the Premier League.
- Music Production 114 is the most used bpm tempo in AmaPiano Genre
- "Sloane's A007304 : Sphenic numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- Houston, Robin (2019-09-06). "42 is the answer to the question "what is (-80538738812075974)³ + 80435758145817515³ + 12602123297335631³?"". The Aperiodical. Retrieved 2019-12-28.
- "Sloane's A005277 : Nontotients". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Sloane's A000931 : Padovan sequence". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-26.