From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1153 BC)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 1159 BC—The Hekla 3 eruption triggers an 18-year period of climatic worsening. (estimated date, disputed)
- 1154 BC—Death of King Menelaus of Sparta (estimated date).
- 1154 BC—Suicide of exiled Queen Helen of Sparta at Rhodes. (estimated date).
- The Trojan war takes place at about this time
- 1154 BC—Medinet Habu (temple): records a people called the P-r-s-t (conventionally Peleset) among those who fought with Egypt in Ramesses III's reign.
- Fahlbusch et al., 2005, p. 185.
- Ancient Records of Egypt: The first through the seventeenth dynasties, James Henry Breasted, page 24
- Killebrew 2005, p. 202.