From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- about 1170 - Airavatesvara Temple completed in Darasuram, India (Chola Empire).
- about 1170 - Galilee Chapel added to Durham Cathedral.
- about 1170–1180 - Construction of St. Faith's Church, Sélestat, Alsace.
- 1170 - San Nicola Bell Tower, Pisa, Italy.
- 1171 - Romanesque building of the Tournai Cathedral, Hainaut consecrated.
- 1171 - Rebuilding of Canterbury Cathedral began under William of Sens.
- 1171 - Pont d'Avignon begun.
- about 1171 - Castle of Almourol in the Tagus, Portugal, built.
- 1172 - Nur Al-Din Mosque completed in Hama, Syria.
- 1172 - Newcastle Castle in Northern England is rebuilt in stone.
- 1172 - Ikorta church built in Georgia.
- 1173 - Bell Tower of the Basilica di San Zeno completed in Verona, Italy.
- 1173–1178 - First stage of work on campanile of Pisa cathedral in Italy, which becomes the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- 1174 - Monreale Cathedral begun.
- 1175 - Sainte-Trinité Abbey Church in Lessay begun.
- 1175 - Soissons Cathedral begun.
- 1175–1176 - Wells Cathedral begun.
- 1177 - The Piazza San Marco in Venice assumes its current shape.
- 1177 - Maria Laach Abbey in the Holy Roman Empire completed.
- Sant'Ambrogio, Milan begun.
Airavatesvara Temple (1170)
San Nicola Bell Tower, Pisa (1170)
Durham Cathedral Galilee Chapel (1170-)
Nur Al-Din Mosque, Hama (1172)
San Zeno Bell Tower, Verona (1173)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)
- ^ Sutton, Ian (1999). Architecture, from Ancient Greece to the Present. London: Thames & Hudson. ISBN 978-0-500-20316-3.