|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|118 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||871|
|Chinese calendar||丁巳年 (Fire Snake)
2814 or 2754
— to —
戊午年 (Earth Horse)
2815 or 2755
|Coptic calendar||−166 – −165|
|- Vikram Samvat||174–175|
|- Shaka Samvat||39–40|
|- Kali Yuga||3218–3219|
|Iranian calendar||504 BP – 503 BP|
|Islamic calendar||520 BH – 518 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1794 before ROC
|Seleucid era||429/430 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||660–661|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 118.|
Year 118 (CXVIII) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Hadrianus and Fuscus (or, less frequently, year 871 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 118 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Trajan's Forum commissioned by the late Emperor Trajan is completed with triumphal arches, columns, a market complex, and an enormous basilica that all of which replace hundreds of dwellings.
- Emperor Hadrian is also a Roman Consul.
- Rome has a population exceeding 1 million, making it the largest city in the world.
- Osroene is returned to native rule by the Roman Empire.
- Plot of the consuls: Hadrian executes four senators, all former consuls, who had been shown to have plotted against him. His relations with the Senate are strained.
- Pantheon, in Rome, is started to be built (approximate date).
- 118–128 – Battle of Centaurs and Wild Beasts, from Hadrian's Villa, Tivoli, Italy, is made (approximate date). It may be a copy of painting done by the late 5th century BC Greek artist Zeuxis. It is now kept at Staatliche Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Antikensammlung.
- The north-south feud between the Hun dynasty ends.
- The oldest known painted depiction of a wheelbarrow is found in a Chinese tomb of Chengde, Sichuan province, dated to this year.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2016)|