From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- about 1180
- Reconstruction of the nave and transept of St. Sernin's Basilica, Toulouse, France completed.
- Reconstruction of St. Faith's Church, Sélestat, Alsace completed.
- Construction of Borgund Stave Church, Norway, begun.
- Färlöv Church, Sweden, built.
- Moyse's Hall, Bury St Edmunds, England, built.
- 1181 – Worms Cathedral in Germany mostly finished.
- 1183 – Cathedral of Monreale, Sicily, built.
- 1184 – Modena Cathedral consecrated.
- by about 1185 – Construction of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford, England as the church of the Priory of St Frideswide substantially completed.
- 1189 – Rebuilding of Chengling Pagoda (澄灵塔) of Zhengding in Jin dynasty China is completed (begun 1161).
- 1186 – Ta Prohm temple built in Angkor.
- Main period of work on Dover Castle in England.
- New circular keep of Conisbrough Castle in Yorkshire, England, built by Hamelin de Warenne, Earl of Surrey.
- Reconstruction of Chichester Cathedral in England begins.
St. Sernin's Basilica, Toulouse (1180)
St. Faith's Church, Selestat (1180)
Monreale Cathedral (1183)
Gopuram at Ta Prohm temple, Angkor (1186)
||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)