||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1192.
Year 1192 (MCXCII) was a leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- January 7 – Venus occults Jupiter.
- April 28 – Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, is assassinated in Tyre, only days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.
- August 21 – Minamoto no Yoritomo is granted the title of shogun, thereby officially establishing the first shogunate in the history of Japan.
- October 9 – The Third Crusade ends. Richard I of England and Saladin negotiate visiting rights for pilgrims to come to the Holy City of Jerusalem. Richard leaves the Holy Land later this month.
- December 11 – Returning from the Third Crusade, Richard I of England is taken prisoner by Leopold V, Duke of Austria, and secured at Dürnstein.
- Second Battle of Tarain in India: The Ghurid forces of Mu'izz al-Din are victorious over Prithviraj Chauhan.
- The Lugouqiao (later the Marco Polo) Bridge is completed in Beijing.
- Empress Constance, captured by the Sicilians in 1191, is released under the pressure of the Pope, and returns to Germany.
- Prince Yaroslav Vladimirovich of Novgorod burns down Tartu and Otepää Castles, in Estonia.