11:25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate
|11:25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate|
|Directed by||Kōji Wakamatsu|
|Produced by||Noriko Ozaki|
|Written by||Masayuki Kakegawa|
11:25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (11・25自決の日 三島由紀夫と若者たち 11.25 Jiketsu no Hi: Mishima Yukio to Wakamonotachi) is a 2012 Japanese drama film directed by Kōji Wakamatsu. The film was based on the Mishima Incident, which was a failed coup d'etat attempt led by Yukio Mishima in 1970. The film competed in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- Arata Iura as Yukio Mishima (the head of Tatenokai)
- Shinnosuke Mitsushima as Masakatsu Morita (the second student leader of Tatenokai)
- Takatsugu Iwama as Hiroyasu Koga (a Tatenokai member)
- Tasuku Nagaoka as Masayoshi Koga (ditto)
- Suzunosuke as Masahiro Ogawa (ditto)
- Soran Tamoto as Otoya Yamaguchi (the boy who killed Inejiro Asanuma)
- Shinobu Terajima as Yoko Hiraoka (Mishima's wife)
- Kiyohiko Shibukawa as Hiroshi Mochimaru (the first student leader of Tatenokai)
- Shima Onishi as Kiyoshi Kuramochi (a Tatenokai member)
- Hideo Nakaizumi as Kenichi Tanaka (a Tatenokai member)
- Tomosuke Kasamatsu as Kazuhiko Nakatsuji (a Tatenokai member)
- Yuki Hirano as Tomoaki Turuoka (a Tatenokai member)
- Shinji Suzuki as Makatsu Sekikawa (a Tatenokai member and 龍笛 (Ryūteki) "Dragon flute" player)
- Ichiro Hashimoto as Hidetoshi Saito (a Nihon Gakusei Domei member)
- Motoki Ochiai as Hideaki Endo (a Tatenokai member, he engaged in Kuril Islands dispute (北方領土問題) with Morita)
- Yuto Kobayashi as Shigeru Ueda (Morita's childhood friend)
- Hanae Kan as Makiko (a Tatenokai member, Shigeru's sister)
- Katsuyuki Shinohara as Ikarii, Lieutenant general (the principal of the Fuji school of Japan Self-Defense Forces)
- Gô Jibiki as Takashi Fukuoka (a instructor of the Fuji school)
- Ryuji Minakami as Kiyokatsu Yamamoto (the manager of information education section of Investigation school of JSDF)
- Ken Yoshizawa as Kanetoshi Mashita (the commandant the Ichigaya Camp- the Tokyo headquarters of the Eastern Command of JSDF)
- Sanshiro Kobayashi as Hiroshi Funasaka (a former officer who presented the 刀 (Katana) "Japanese sword", 関の孫六 (Seki no Magoroku) "Celebrated sword which Magoroku made" to Mishima)
- Ichiro Ogura as Tanaka's father
- Kimihiko Hasegawa as Takao Tokuoka (a journalist)
- "2012 Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "11.25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate". Nippon Cinema. Archived from the original on 4 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Wakamatsu, Kōji (2012). Otomo, Asako (ed.). 11:25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (Theater program) [11・25自決の日 三島由紀夫と若者たち (劇場プログラム)] (in Japanese). Yugakusha. pp. 94–97, 127.
- Wakamatsu, Kōji (2012). Otomo, Asako (ed.). 11:25 The Day He Chose His Own Fate (Theater program) [11・25自決の日 三島由紀夫と若者たち (劇場プログラム)] (in Japanese). Yugakusha.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|