11th Division (Yugoslav Partisans)
|11th Krajina Division|
Flag of Democratic Federal Yugoslavia (used by the Partisans)
|Country||Democratic Federal Yugoslavia|
|Branch||Yugoslav Partisan Army|
|Part of||3rd Corps (Yugoslav Partisans)
12th Corps (Yugoslav Partisans)
1st Army (Socialist Yugoslavia)
|Engagements||World War II in Yugoslavia
* Operation Hackfleisch
* Belgrade Offensive
* Syrmian Front
The 11th Krajina Division (Serbo-Croatian: 'Jedanaesta krajiška divizija') was a Yugoslav Partisan division that fought against the Germans, Independent State of Croatia (NDH) and Chetniks in occupied Democratic Federal Yugoslavia during World War II. The term krajiška in its name refers to Bosanska Krajina.
The division was formed on 1 May 1943, with 5th and 12th Krajina Brigade in its composition. It was subordinated to the 2nd Bosnia Corps, and on 19 July 1943 it was re-subordinated to 2nd Bosnia (later: Third) Corps.
As part of the 3rd Corps it spent August 1944 engaged in hard fighting against the 13th Waffen Mountain Division of the SS Handschar (1st Croatian) in eastern Bosnia.
- Borojević, Ljubomir; Samardžija, Dušan; Bašić, Rade (1973). Peta kozaračka brigada [Fifth Kozara Brigade]. Beograd: Narodna knjiga. OCLC 78900192.
- Hoare, Marko Attila (2006). Genocide and Resistance in Hitler's Bosnia: The Partisans and the Chetniks 1941–1943. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-726380-8.
- Lepre, George (1997). Himmler's Bosnian Division: The Waffen-SS Handschar Division 1943–1945. Atglen, Philadelphia: Schiffer Publishing. ISBN 0-7643-0134-9.
- Marjanović, Joco; Kukolj, Mile; Vujović, Milutin; Gaćeša, Boro; Ranilović, Rade (1986). Dvanaesta krajiška NOU brigada [Twelfth Krajina NOU Brigade]. Beograd: Vojnoizdavački i novinski centar. OCLC 17804353.
- Samardžija, Dušan D. (1987). Jedanaesta krajiška NOU divizija [Eleventh Krajina NOU Division]. Beograd: Vojnoizdavački i novinski centar. OCLC 28008293.
- Vuksic, Velimir (2003). Tito's Partisans 1941-45. Oxford: Osprey Publishing. ISBN 978-1-841766-75-1.