12305 Fifth Helena Drive
|12305 Fifth Helena Drive|
Final residence of Marilyn Monroe, Brentwood, Los Angeles, California. Composite of two photos.
|Location||12305 Fifth Helena Drive, Brentwood, Los Angeles, California|
|Number of rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms|
The property is located at 12305 Fifth Helena Drive in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
The one-story, Hacienda-style home sits on 2,900 square feet at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac off Carmelina Ave. Built in 1929, the L-shaped property consists of four bedrooms and three bathrooms. In the backyard, a free-form pool is adjacent to a citrus grove and guest house. Its "Cursum Perficio" tiles on the front stoop translate to "I have completed my journey." It is unknown whether Monroe herself or a successive owner installed the tiles.
In February 1962, Monroe purchased the property for $77,500. She reportedly paid for half of the home in cash and took out a mortgage for the second half. In the early morning of August 5, 1962, six months after purchasing the home, Monroe was found dead of a barbiturate overdose in her bedroom. 
- Julie Miller, Marilyn Monroe’s Beloved Brentwood Home for Sale, Vanity Fair, April 21, 2017.
- Jeffrey Meyers, Step Inside Marilyn Monroe's Country Retreat in Connecticut and Spanish Colonial-Style Home in Los Angeles, Architectural Digest, September 23, 2016.
- Lisa Hallett Taylor, Take a Look at Marilyn Monroe's Los Angeles House, The Spruce, April 29, 2017.
- MV Editorial, Sold: The Iconic Former Home of Marilyn Monroe, Mercer Vine, June 23, 2017.
- Neal J. Leitereg, Marilyn Monroe's onetime Brentwood home sells for over the asking price, LA Times, June 1, 2017.