This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|125 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||878|
|Balinese saka calendar||46–47|
|Chinese calendar||甲子年 (Wood Rat)|
2821 or 2761
— to —
乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
2822 or 2762
|Coptic calendar||−159 – −158|
|- Vikram Samvat||181–182|
|- Shaka Samvat||46–47|
|- Kali Yuga||3225–3226|
|Iranian calendar||497 BP – 496 BP|
|Islamic calendar||512 BH – 511 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1787 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||436/437 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||667–668|
251 or −130 or −902
— to —
252 or −129 or −901
Year 125 (CXXV) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Paullinus and Titius (or, less frequently, year 878 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 125 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The Pantheon is constructed in (Rome) as it stands today by Hadrian.
- Emperor Hadrian establishes the Panhellenion.
- Hadrian distributes imperial lands to small farmers.
- Hadrian's Villa, Tivoli, Italy, is started to be built (approximate date).
- Plague sweeps North Africa in the wake of a locust invasion that destroys large areas of cropland. The plague kills as many as 500,000 in Numidia and possibly 150,000 on the coast before moving to Italy, where it takes so many lives that villages and towns are abandoned.
- Last (4th) year of the Yanguang era of the Chinese Han Dynasty.
- Change of emperor of the Chinese Han Dynasty from Han Andi to Marquis of Beixiang, then to Han Shundi.
- Gautamiputra Satakarni, a king of the Andhra dynasty, destroys the kingdom of Maharashtra near Bombay. He now controls central India from coast to coast.
- Zhang Heng of Han Dynasty China invents a hydraulic-powered armillary sphere.
Arts and sciences
- The Satires of Juvenal intimate that bread and circuses (panem et circenses) keep the Roman people happy.
- April 30 – Emperor An of Han of the Chinese Han Dynasty (b. AD 94)
- Marquis of Beixiang of the Chinese Han Dynasty, murdered
- Thamel, Christian martyr in Roman Empire