125th Weather Flight
|125th Weather Flight|
|Active||1957 – present|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Role||Battlefield Meteorological Control|
|Part of||Air Combat Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Nickname(s)||The Fightn' Twisters |
|Patron||Saint Amandus |
|Major James Wingenwroth|
The mission of the 125th WF is to provide strategic meteorological information within an adequate amount of time, after given appropriate notice of changing meteorological elements. Being a combat team, the team's mission also includes five additional primary missions: unconventional warfare, foreign internal defense, special reconnaissance, direct action, and counter-terrorism. Although not specifically a part of the Special Operations Force (SOF) of the United States Army, the 125th Weather Flight does directly support it.
- Air Combat Command (1957 – present)
- Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (2002 – present)
- Will Rogers World Airport, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (1973–2002)
- AF Portal - 125th Weather Flight. Accessed 2009-04-26. Archived 2009-04-29.
- Air Force Personnel Center Awards Search (Post-1991) Archived 2 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine.