French film poster
|Directed by||Eric Khoo|
|Produced by||Brian Hong|
|Music by||Kevin Mathews|
|Cinematography||Yoke Weng Ho|
|Edited by||Jasmine Ng Kin Kia|
12 Storeys (十二樓 or Shí'èr lóu in Mandarin) is a 1997 Singaporean drama film directed by Eric Khoo and starring Jack Neo. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1997 Cannes Film Festival.
The film focuses on the troubled lives of several people living in the same building. A soup vendor called Ah Gu is having a hard time dealing with his money-hungry wife, Lily. Nearby, young children are forced to raise their even younger siblings due to parental neglect.
- Jack Neo as Ah Gu
- Koh Boon Pin as Meng
- Quan Yi Fong (credited as Chuang Yi Fong) as Lily
- Lum May Yee as Trixie
- Lucilla Teoh as San San
- Ritz Lim
- Roderick Lim
- Ronald Toh Chee Kong
- Loy Lok Yee
- Neo Swee Lin
- Lim Kay Siu as Hawker
- Lim Kay Tong as Mark
- "Festival de Cannes: 12 Storeys". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
- Elley, Derek (13 June 1997). "Review: '12 Storeys'". Variery. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "12 Storeys". Time Out. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Heng, Janice (21 December 2015). "Diplomatic missions screening Singapore films in cultural push". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
|This article related to a Singaporean film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|