12th Military Transport Aviation Division
|12th Long Range Aviation Division (May 1943 – 26 Dec 1944)|
12th Bomber Aviation Division (26 Dec 1944 – 27 Apr 1946)
Soviet Union (1943–1991)
Soviet Air Force (1943–1991)
|Type||Bomber (former), Transport|
|Decorations||Order of the Red Banner|
The division was formed on 5 May 1943 as the 12th Air Division Long Range at Monino, equipped with Li-2 aircraft. On 1 August 1943 it was subordinate of the 7th Aviation Corps Long Range. It received its name for the successful accomplishment of combat missions in the battle against the Nazi invaders and the release of Mga, Leningrad Oblast. On 26 December 1944, it became the 12th Bomber Aviation Division.
- 374th Military-Transport Aviation Regiment (Tula, Tula Oblast) with An-12
- 566th Military-Transport Aviation Regiment (Seshcha, Bryansk Oblast) with An-12
- 229th Military-Transport Aviation Regiment (Ivanovo, Ivanovo Oblast) with An-22
- 8th Military-Transport Aviation Regiment (Seshcha, Bryansk Oblast) with An-12
It is now the 6955th Air Base.
- Piotr Butowski, 'Air Power Analysis: Russian Federation: Part 2', International Air Power Review, Summer 2004, 85.
- Combat composition of the Soviet Army, 1 August 1943
- Holm, Michael. "12th Mginskaya Red Banner Military-Transport Aviation Division". ww2.dk. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "Гвардейская Минская авиационная база отметила 70-летний юбилей" [Guards Minsk Air Base celebrates 70th anniversary]. www.zsto.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 2016-02-24.