|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s BC 0s BC 0s – 10s – 20s 30s 40s|
|Years:||10 11 12 – 13 – 14 15 16|
|13 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||766|
|Chinese calendar||壬申年 (Water Monkey)
2709 or 2649
— to —
癸酉年 (Water Rooster)
2710 or 2650
|Coptic calendar||−271 – −270|
|- Vikram Samvat||69–70|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3113–3114|
|Iranian calendar||609 BP – 608 BP|
|Islamic calendar||628 BH – 627 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1899 before ROC
|Seleucid era||324/325 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||555–556|
Year 13 (XIII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Silius and Plancus (or, less frequently, year 766 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 13 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Abgarus of Edessa is reinstalled as king of Osroene.
- The Senate passes a senatus consultum restricting the reduced Vigintisexviri to the Ordo Equester.
- Tiberius makes his triumphant procession through Rome after the siege of Germany.
- Last year (3rd) of Shijianguo era of the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
- Considered the lucky number of those from the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
Arts and sciences
- Strabo publishes his book on the shape of the Earth.
- Ovid publishes books 1-3 of his Epistulae ex Ponto.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2013)|
- Syme, History in Ovid, 40-42