From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1312.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1280s 1290s 1300s – 1310s – 1320s 1330s 1340s|
|Years:||1309 1310 1311 – 1312 – 1313 1314 1315|
|1312 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1312 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2065|
|English Regnal year||5 Edw. 2 – 6 Edw. 2|
|Chinese calendar||辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
4008 or 3948
— to —
壬子年 (Water Rat)
4009 or 3949
|- Vikram Samvat||1368–1369|
|- Shaka Samvat||1234–1235|
|- Kali Yuga||4413–4414|
|Japanese calendar||Ōchō 2 / Shōwa 1
|Minguo calendar||600 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1854–1855|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1312.|
- April – Pope Clement V forcibly disbands the Knights Templar. This is following years of persecution of the Knights Templar, initially started on Friday, October 13th, 1307 in collusion with King Philip "the fair" Le Bel of France.
- June 15; The Battle of Rozgony
- June 29 – Henry VII, Holy Roman Emperor is crowned in the Lateran Palace due to St Peter's Basilica being occupied by Romans hostile to him.
- September 27 – the Charter of Kortenberg is signed, and is possibly the first constitution which allows democratic decisions in feudal mainland Europe.
- October 31 – Henry VII, Holy Roman Emperor is forced to abandon his campaign against Florence.
- The Knights Hospitaller, newly based on Rhodes, defeat a Turkish fleet in the Cyclades.
- The Siege of Rostock begins.
- The Canary Islands are "rediscovered" by Lancelotto Malocello, a Genoese navigator, who sails to Lanzarote and remains there for almost two decades.
- November 13 – King Edward III of England (d. 1377)
- date unknown – William Donn de Burgh, 3rd Earl of Ulster (d. 1333)
- May 13 – Theobald II, Duke of Lorraine (b. 1263)
- June 19 – Piers Gaveston, favourite of Edward II of England
- August 27 – Arthur II, Duke of Brittany (b. 1262)
- September 7 – King Ferdinand IV of Castile (b. 1285)
- October 27 – John II, Duke of Brabant (b. 1275)
- date unknown – Tokhta, khan of the Blue Horde