||This article may contain indiscriminate, excessive, or irrelevant examples. (April 2016)|
|Cardinal||one hundred thirty-one|
(one hundred thirty-first)
131 is a Sophie Germain prime, an irregular prime, the second 3-digit palindromic prime, and also a permutable prime with 113 and 311. It can be expressed as the sum of three consecutive primes, 131 = 41 + 43 + 47. 131 is an Eisenstein prime with no imaginary part and real part of the form . Because the next odd number, 133, is a semiprime, 131 is a Chen prime. 131 is an Ulam number.
131 is a full reptend prime in base 10 (and also in base 2). The decimal expansion of 1/131 repeats the digits 007633587786259541984732824427480916030534351145038167938931 297709923664122137404580152671755725190839694656488549618320 6106870229 indefinitely.
In the military
- Convair C-131 Samaritan was an American military transport produced from 1954 to 1956
- USNS Mission Santa Barbara (T-AO-131) was a Buenaventura-class fleet oiler during World War II
- USS Bandera (APA-131) was a is a United States Navy Haskell-class attack transport ship during World War II
- USS Buchanan (DD-131) was a United States Navy Wickes-class destroyer
- USS General T. H. Bliss (AP-131) was a United States Navy General G. O. Squier transport ship during World War II
- USS Hammann (DE-131) was a United States Navy Edsall-class destroyer escort during World War II
- USS Melucta (AK-131) was a United States Navy Crater-class cargo ship during World War II
- USS Walter X. Young (APD-131) was a ship of the United States Navy during World War II
- Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA-131) is a United States Navy F/A-18C Hornet fighter squadron stationed at Naval Air Station Oceana
- ZIL-131 is a 3.5-ton 6x6 army truck
- London Buses route 131 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London
- The Fiat 131 Mirafiori small/medium family car produced from 1974 to 1984
- STS-131 is a NASA Contingency Logistic Flight (CLF) of the Space Shuttle Atlantis planned for no earlier than February 2010
In other fields
131 is also:
- The year AD 131 or 131 BC
- 131 AH is a year in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 748 – 749 CE.
- 131 Vala is an inner Main belt asteroid
- Iodine-131, or radioiodine, is a radioisotope of iodine for medical and pharmaceutical use
- ACP-131 is the controlling publication for listing of Q codes and Z codes, as published by NATO Allied countries
- Sonnet 131 by William Shakespeare
- 131 is the medical emergency telephone number in Chile
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Form I-131 to apply for a travel document, reentry permit, refugee travel document or advance parole
- 131 is the ID3v1 tag equivalent to Indie music
- "Sloane's A005384 : Sophie Germain primes". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Sloane's A000928 : Irregular primes". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Ulam numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. 2016-04-18. Retrieved 2016-04-19.