From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1326.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1290s 1300s 1310s – 1320s – 1330s 1340s 1350s|
|Years:||1323 1324 1325 – 1326 – 1327 1328 1329|
|1326 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1326 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2079|
|English Regnal year||19 Edw. 2 – 20 Edw. 2|
|Chinese calendar||乙丑年 (Wood Ox)
4022 or 3962
— to —
丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)
4023 or 3963
|- Vikram Samvat||1382–1383|
|- Shaka Samvat||1248–1249|
|- Kali Yuga||4427–4428|
|Japanese calendar||Shōchū 3 / Karyaku 1
|Minguo calendar||586 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1868–1869|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1326.|
- 10 February–11 March – Raid on Brandenburg: Allied forces of the Kingdom of Poland led by Władysław I the Elbow-high and of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania led by the pagan Gediminas raid Louis V of Germany's Margraviate of Brandenburg (within the Holy Roman Empire) with the sanction of Pope John XXII.
- 19 April – A peace treaty in the peasant revolt in Flanders 1323-1328 is ratified.
- 3 June – The Treaty of Novgorod delineates the border between Russia and Norway in Finnmark.
- 24 September – The invasion of England.
- October – Ibn Battuta reaches Mecca.
- Orhan I succeeds Osman I on the throne of the Ottoman Empire.
- Ingeborg of Norway is deposed from political power in Sweden.
- The use of the word "cannon" is first recorded in reference to a firearm.
- Foundation of Clare College, the University of Cambridge's second oldest (still surviving) college.
- The foundation of Oriel College, the University of Oxford's fifth oldest (still surviving) college, is confirmed by royal charter.
- 30 February Henk the unsure
- 5 March – King Louis I of Hungary (d. 1382)
- 30 March – Ivan II of Russia, Grand Duke of Muscovy (d. 1359)
- 8 May – Joanna I of Auvergne, queen consort of France (d. 1360)
- date unknown
- 28 February – Duke Leopold I of Austria (b. 1290)
- 26 March – Alessandra Giliani, anatomist (b. c. 1307)
- 9 April – Walter Stewart, 6th High Steward of Scotland (b. 1293)
- 29 April – Blanche of Burgundy, queen consort of France (b. c. 1296)
- 31 May – Maurice de Berkeley, 2nd Baron Berkeley, English rebel baron (b. 1271)
- 29 July – Richard Og de Burgh, 2nd Earl of Ulster (b. 1259)
- 15 October – Walter de Stapledon, English bishop (b. 1261)
- 27 October – Hugh le Despenser, 1st Earl of Winchester (executed; b. 1262)
- 17 November – Edmund FitzAlan, 9th Earl of Arundel, English politician (b. 1285)
- 25 November – Prince Koreyasu, Japanese shogun (b. 1264)
- 26 November – Hugh the younger Despenser, English knight (executed; b. 1286)
- 20 December – Peter, Metropolitan of Moscow
- date unknown