Type of site
|Torrent index, magnet links provider|
1337x is a website that provides a directory of torrent files and magnet links used for peer-to-peer file sharing through the BitTorrent protocol. According to the TorrentFreak news blog, 1337x is the second most popular torrent website as of 2023.
1337x was founded in 2007 and saw increasing popularity in 2016 after the closure of KickassTorrents. In October 2016, it introduced a website redesign with new functionalities. The site is banned from Google search queries and does not appear when searching through Google search. This action was taken following a request by Feelgood Entertainment in 2015. In 2015, the site moved from its older .pl domain to .to, partly in order to evade the block.
- "Torrent Site 1337x Hopes New Design Will Prevent Search Engine Bans". TorrentFreak. 2016-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-10-31. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- Van der Sar, Ernesto (5 April 2020). "Top 10 Most Popular Torrent Sites of 2020 * Best of TorrentFreak". TorrentFreak. Archived from the original on 9 July 2020. Retrieved 8 July 2020.
- "1337x Takes On The Pirate Bay As Torrentz And Kickass Torrents Alternative Unveils New Site Design". Tech Times. 2016-10-31. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Google :: Notices :: Lumen". www.lumendatabase.org. Archived from the original on 2019-10-29. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "1337x Staff Abandon "Insecure" Torrent Site, Start Over". TorrentFreak. 2015-12-20. Archived from the original on 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "Torrent search". 2013-08-14. Archived from the original on 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2020-12-20.
- Patel, Vinay (24 October 2016). "The Pirate Bay Alternative: Google Hits TPB With A New Block [VIDEO]; See Top Three Alternatives". www.universityherald.com. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-31.
- "The Pirate Bay has shut down, but users can try these alternatives". Latin Post. 2016-10-26. Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2016-10-31.