From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1354.
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1320s 1330s 1340s – 1350s – 1360s 1370s 1380s|
|Years:||1351 1352 1353 – 1354 – 1355 1356 1357|
|1354 by topic|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1354 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2107|
|English Regnal year||27 Edw. 3 – 28 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||癸巳年 (Water Snake)
4050 or 3990
— to —
甲午年 (Wood Horse)
4051 or 3991
|- Vikram Samvat||1410–1411|
|- Shaka Samvat||1275–1276|
|- Kali Yuga||4454–4455|
|Japanese calendar||Bunna 3
|Minguo calendar||558 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1896–1897|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1354.|
- Early – year Ibn Battuta returns from his travels at the command of Abu Inan Faris, sultan of Morocco, who appoints a scribe to write an account of the adventures.
- February 12 – The Treaty of Stralsund settles border disputes between the duchies of Mecklenburg and Pomerania.
- October 8 – Cola di Rienzo, self-proclaimed "tribune" of Rome, is killed by an angry mob.
- December 10 – The reign of John VI Kantakouzenos as Byzantine Emperor is ended after John V Palaiologos retakes Constantinople and is restored as sole emperor.
- Ottoman Turks capture the cities of Kallipolis and Didymoteicho from the Byzantine Empire.
- The Lao kingdom of Lan Xang is established by Fa Ngum.
- Sahab-ud-Din becomes Sultan of Kashmir.
- Assassins strike down Sultan Hassan and his body was never returned.
- Constance of Castile, wife of John of Gaunt (d. 1394)
- Denis, Lord of Cifuentes, infante of Portugal (d. c.1397)
- Alonso Enríquez, Spanish nobleman (d. 1429)
- Frederick III, Count of Moers, German nobleman (d. 1417)
- Gilbert de Greenlaw, Scottish bishop (d. 1421)
- Jean de Grouchy, Norman knight (k. 1435)
- Margaret of Joinville, French noblewoman (d. 1418)
- Thomas de Morley, 4th Baron Morley, English nobleman (d. 1416)
- Eric IV, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg (d. 1411/12)
- Roger de Scales, 4th Baron Scales, English nobleman (d. 1387)
- Catherine of Vendôme, French noblewoman (d. 1412)
- Violante Visconti, Italian noblewoman (d. 1386)
- Walram IV, Count of Nassau-Idstein, German nobleman (d. 1393)
- January 16 – Joanna of Châtillon, Duchess of Athens (b. c.1285)
- August 9 – Stephen, Duke of Slavonia, Hungarian prince (b. 1332)
- September 7 – Andrea Dandolo, doge of Venice (b. 1306)
- October 8 – Cola di Rienzo, Roman tribune (b. c.1313)
- October 19 – Yusuf I, Sultan of Granada (b. 1318)
- date unknown – Wu Zhen, Chinese painter (b. 1280)