Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1355 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1355 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2108|
|Balinese saka calendar||1276–1277|
|English Regnal year||28 Edw. 3 – 29 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)|
4051 or 3991
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
4052 or 3992
|- Vikram Samvat||1411–1412|
|- Shaka Samvat||1276–1277|
|- Kali Yuga||4455–4456|
|Japanese calendar||Bunna 4|
|Minguo calendar||557 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1897–1898|
1481 or 1100 or 328
— to —
1482 or 1101 or 329
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1355.|
- January 6 – Charles I of Bohemia is crowned with the Iron Crown of Lombardy as King of Italy in Milan.
- January 7 – King Alphonso IV of Portugal sends three men to kill Ines de Castro, beloved of his son Prince Pedro; Pedro revolts and incites a civil war.
- February 10 – The St. Scholastica's Day riot breaks out in Oxford, England, leaving 63 scholars and perhaps 30 locals dead in two days.
- April – Philip II of Taranto marries Maria of Calabria, daughter of Charles, Duke of Calabria, and Mary of Valois.
- April 5 – Charles IV is crowned emperor in Rome.
- April 18 – In Venice, the Council of Ten beheads Doge Marin Falier, for conspiring to kill them.
- August – Battle of Nesbit Moor: The Scottish army decisively defeats the English.
- September 1 – Tvrtko I writes in castro nostro Vizoka vocatum, from old town Visoki.
- January 7 – Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester, son of King Edward III of England (d. 1397)
- August 16 – Philippa Plantagenet, Countess of Ulster (d. 1382)
- January 7 – Inês de Castro, lover of King Peter I of Portugal (murdered) (b. 1325)
- April 17 – Marin Falier, Doge of Venice (b. 1285)
- April 22 – Eleanor of Woodstock, countess regent of Guelders, eldest daughter of King Edward II of England (b. 1318)
- August 3 – Bartholomew de Burghersh, 1st Baron Burghersh
- October 16 – Louis of Sicily
- December 5 – John III, Duke of Brabant (b. 1300)
- December 20 – Stefan Uroš IV Dušan, Emperor of Serbia
- date unknown – Bettina d'Andrea, Italian lawyer and professor