Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1370 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1370 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2123|
|Balinese saka calendar||1291–1292|
|English Regnal year||43 Edw. 3 – 44 Edw. 3|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)|
4066 or 4006
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
4067 or 4007
|- Vikram Samvat||1426–1427|
|- Shaka Samvat||1291–1292|
|- Kali Yuga||4470–4471|
|Japanese calendar||Ōan 3|
|Minguo calendar||542 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||1912–1913|
1496 or 1115 or 343
— to —
1497 or 1116 or 344
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1370.|
- May 24 – The Treaty of Stralsund ends the war between Denmark and the Hanseatic League.
- October 20 – Philip of Anjou, Titular Emperor of Constantinople, marries Elisabeth of Slavonia (daughter of Stephen, duke of Transylvania and Slavonia), and Margareta of Bavaria.
- December 20 – Pope Gregory XI succeeds Pope Urban V, as the 201st pope.
- The steel crossbow is first used as a weapon of war.
- Xian City (Chang'an) is fortified against invasion.
- Timur completes his conquest of Central Asia and parts of Persia, establishing the Timurid Empire.
- Trần Nghệ Tông deposes Dương Nhật Lễ as emperor of Đại Việt, now Vietnam.
- For the second time since 1368, the Grand Duchy of Moscow attacks Tver, which again counter-attacks, with the aid of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the Blue Horde.
- Casimir III of Poland is succeeded jointly by his sister, Elisabeth of Kujavia, and her son, Louis I of Hungary, beginning the rule of Poland by the Capet-Anjou family.
- The Siege of Limoges is launched.
- April 11 – Frederick I, Elector of Saxony (d. 1428)
- July 23 – Pier Paolo Vergerio the Elder, Italian humanist (d. 1444 or 1445)
- date unknown
- May 31 – St. Vitalis of Assisi (b. 1295)
- November 5 – Casimir III of Poland (b. 1310)
- December 19 – Pope Urban V (b. 1310)
- date unknown
- probable date