13 West Street
|13 West Street|
|Directed by||Philip Leacock|
|Based on||The Tiger Among Us (1957) by Leigh Brackett|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
For no discernible reason, scientist Walt Sherill is assaulted and viciously beaten by a group of well-dressed young men. When the police, including investigating officer Detective Koleski, are in his opinion too slow in finding the culprits, Sherill decides to go after them on his own.
A private investigator's work leads him to Chuck Landry, the gang's leader. Sherill's non-stop search for revenge causes one member of the gang to commit suicide. Landry counters by kidnapping Sherill's wife, Tracey, and the private eye is killed.
Sherill goes directly to the boy's home and beats him savagely. On the verge of killing him, Sherill finally relents, turning Landry over to Koleski to be placed under arrest.
- Alan Ladd as Walt Sherill
- Rod Steiger as Detective Sergeant Koleski
- Michael Callan as Chuck Landry
- Dolores Dorn as Tracey Sherill
- Kenneth MacKenna as Paul Logan
- Margaret Hayes as Mrs. Landry
- Stanley Adams as Finney
- Chris Robinson as Everett
- Jeanne Cooper as Mrs. Quinn
- Arnold Merritt as Bill
- Mark Slade as Tommy
- Henry Beckman as Joe Bradford
- Richard Harland Smith, "13 West Street", Turner Classic Movies accessed 12 January 2013
- Brackett, Leigh (July 1975). Leigh Brackett — An Audio Interview. Interview with Tony Macklin. Retrieved 30 May 2015. 55m
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|