13th Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Il diavolo and Bushidô zankoku monogatari)|
|Festival date||21 June – 2 July 1963|
The 13th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 21 June to 2 July 1963. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Italian film Il diavolo directed by Gian Luigi Polidoro and Japanese film Bushidô zankoku monogatari directed by Tadashi Imai.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Wendy Toye (Head of Jury)
- Harry R. Sokal
- Fernando Ayala
- Jean-Pierre Melville
- B. R. Chopra
- Guglielmo Biraghi
- Masatora Sakurai
- Karl Malden
- Günther Engels
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear:
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Nikos Koundouros for Mikres Aphrodites
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Bibi Andersson for Älskarinnan
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Sidney Poitier for Lilies of the Field
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize: The Caretaker by Clive Donner
- Youth Film Award
- Youth Film Award - Honorable Mention
- FIPRESCI Award
- Interfilm Award
- OCIC Award
- UNICRIT Award
- "13th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 29 March 2010. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1963". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.