140th Aviation Regiment (United States)
|140th Aviation Regiment|
|Branch||United States Army Aviation Branch|
The 140th Aviation Regiment is an aviation regiment of the U.S. Army. It has historically been associated with the California Army National Guard's 40th Infantry Division.
Previous aviation units in the California Army National Guard included the 140th Aviation Battalion, the 29th Aviation Company, and the 40th Aviation Company, which was mobilized for Vietnam service in 1968-69.
Its official Lineage and Honors states:
- Constituted 31 July 1987 in the California Army National Guard as the 140th Aviation, a parent regiment under the United States Army Regimental System
- Organized 1 October 1987 from existing units to consist of the 1st Battalion and Companies D, E, and F, elements of the 40th Infantry Division, and Company G
- Reorganized 1 March 1988 to consist of the 1st Battalion and Companies D, E, and F, elements of the 40th Infantry Division, the 3d Battalion, and Company G
- Reorganized 1 September 1996 to consist of the 1st Battalion and Company F,elements of the 40th Infantry Division, the 3d Battalion, and Company G
In 1994, the regiment's 1st Battalion and Companies D (Command), E (Assault), and F (Aviation Intermediate Maintenance) were part of the 40th Division's Aviation Brigade, along with the 1st Squadron of the 18th Cavalry Regiment.
- 1st Battalion
- Company B
- Company C (Fort Lewis, Washington)
- Iraq SEP 2007-JUL 2008
- 3d Security and Support Battalion (UH-72A) (CA ARNG)
- "Lineages and Honors of the California National Guard, 140th Aviation Regiment". californiamilitaryhistory.org. The California State Military Museum. Archived from the original on 13 December 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2018.
- "40th Armored Division Order of Battle, 1994". California State Military Museum. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- Kummer, Ian (August 10, 2014). "Fire when ready!". DVIDS. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "40th CAB joins the fight at FOB Dahlke". DVIDS. November 24, 2017.
- "Hon. Debra Wada visit". DVIDS. December 18, 2016.
- "Map - Oklahoma City". National Guard. October 7, 2018.
- "2-135th General Support Aviation Battalion (GSAB)". Colorado Army National Guard. September 25, 2018.