From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1425.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1390s 1400s 1410s – 1420s – 1430s 1440s 1450s|
|Years:||1422 1423 1424 – 1425 – 1426 1427 1428|
|1425 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1425 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2178|
|English Regnal year||3 Hen. 6 – 4 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)
4121 or 4061
— to —
乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
4122 or 4062
|- Vikram Samvat||1481–1482|
|- Shaka Samvat||1347–1348|
|- Kali Yuga||4526–4527|
|Japanese calendar||Ōei 32
|Minguo calendar||487 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1967–1968|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1425.|
- Beijing, capital of China, becomes the largest city in the world, taking the lead from Nanjing (estimated date).
- The Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium is founded.
- By this year, paper currency in China is worth only 0.025% to 0.014% its original value in the 14th century; this and counterfeiting of copper coin currency will lead to a dramatic shift to using silver as the common medium of exchange in China.
- Uprising by the Maltese against Don Gonsalvo Monroy, count of Malta. The insurgents repel an attempt by the Viceroy of Sicily to bring the island to order. The Maltese do not submit to Catalan-Aragonese rule until the Magna Charta Libertatis granting them their new rights is delivered to them.
- Sharafuddin Ali Yazdi's critical history of Persia Zafar Nama is completed under the auspices of Mirza Ibrahim Sultan, grandson of Timur.
- January 5 – Henry IV of Castile (d. 1474)
- February 14 – Pandolfo Petrucci, tyrant of Siena (d. 1512)
- date unknown
- January 18 – Edmund Mortimer, 5th Earl of March, English politician (b. 1391)
- February 27 – Vasili I of Russia, Grand Prince of Moscow (b. 1371)
- March 17 – Ashikaga Yoshikazu, Japanese shogun (b. 1407)
- May 24 – Murdoch Stewart, 2nd Duke of Albany, Scottish politician (b. 1362)
- May 29 – Hongxi Emperor of China (b. 1378)
- July 8 – Lady Elizabeth FitzAlan (b. 1366)
- July 21 – Manuel II Palaeologus, Byzantine Emperor (b. 1350)
- September 8 – King Charles III of Navarre (b. 1361)
- date unknown