|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1428 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|Political entities - State leaders - Colonial governors - Religious leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1428 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1428.|
- June 3 - Dan II leads an army against the Ottomans at Golubac Fortress, obtaining a treaty that will allow him a semi-peaceful rule in Wallachia, until 1432.
- August 30 – Emperor Go-Hanazono accedes to the throne of Japan.
- October 12 – English forces under Thomas Montacute, 4th Earl of Salisbury, besiege Orléans. Jean de Dunois, the Bastard of Orléans, commands the defenders.
- October 24 – Thomas Montacute, 4th Earl of Salisbury, is mortally wounded in an unsuccessful assault on Orléans. He is succeeded in command by William de la Pole, 4th Earl of Suffolk.
- Itzcóatl becomes ruler of the Aztecs. He eventually begins the construction of Tenochtitlan.
- The Aztec Triple Alliance (also known as The Aztec Empire) forms with the alliance of three Aztec city-states—Tenochtitlán, Texcoco, and Tlacopán—and defeats Azcapotzalco to win control of the Valley of Mexico.
- The Valais witch trials begin.
- A serious fire occurs at Baynard's Castle in London, England.
- Voices tell Joan of Arc that Charles VII of France must be crowned, and the English expelled from France.
- Lam Sơn uprising: Lê Lợi, founder of the Lê Dynasty in Vietnam, liberates Annam (the territory occupied by Ming Dynasty China in 1407), and restores the kingdom as Đại Việt.
- February 3 – Helena Palaiologina, Queen of Cyprus (d. 1458)
- April 7 – William Percy, late medieval Bishop of Carlisle (d. 1462)
- May 3 – Pedro González de Mendoza, Spanish cardinal and statesman (d. 1495)
- July 4 – Filippo Strozzi the Elder, Italian banker (d. 1491)
- September 21 – Jingtai Emperor of China (d. 1457)
- November 2 – Yolande, Duchess of Lorraine (d. 1483)
- November 22 – Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, English kingmaker (d. 1471)
- December 4 – Bernard VII, Lord of Lippe (1429–1511) (d. 1511)
- date unknown – Donato Acciaioli, Italian scholar (d. 1478)
- probable – Didrik Pining, German explorer (approximate date)
- January 4 – Frederick I, Elector of Saxony (b. 1370)
- February 3 – Ashikaga Yoshimochi, Japanese shogun (b. 1386)
- June 12 – Zawisza Czarny, Polish knight and diplomat
- August 27 – John I of Münsterberg, Duke of Ziebice (b. 1370)
- August 30 – Emperor Shōkō, emperor of Japan (b. 1401)
- Autumn – Masaccio, Italian painter (b. 1401)
- November 3 – Thomas Montacute, 4th Earl of Salisbury, English military leader (mortally wounded in battle) (b. 1388)
- November 4 – Sophia of Bavaria, Queen regent of Bohemia (b. 1376)
- date unknown
- probable – John Purvey, English theologian (b. 1353)