||This article may contain indiscriminate, excessive, or irrelevant examples. (May 2014)|
|Cardinal||one hundred forty-two|
(one hundred forty-second)
|Factorization||2 × 71|
|Divisors||1, 2, 71, 142|
is the smallest repunit prime in base 142, it has 2648 digits, while the smallest repunit prime in negative base -142 is only 20023. Besides, the smallest Fermat prime in base 142 is 406586897, and the smallest Wieferich prime in base 142 is 143111.
In business and accounting
- Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Summary of Statement No. 142 for reporting acquired goodwill and intangible assets
- Enterprise No. 142, Saskatchewan is a rural municipality in Saskatchewan, Canada
- Stoney 142, 143, 144, Alberta make up an Indian reserve in Alberta, Canada
In literature and publications
- There are 142 staircases at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in the Harry Potter universe.
- "Sonnet 142" by William Shakespeare
- The main character in upcoming blockbuster 'Brudda Numbers' goes by the alias '142'.
In the military
- 142nd Fires Brigade is an Arkansas artillery brigade in the United States National Guard
- AGM-142 Have Nap air-to-ground missile developed in Israel and the United States
- USS Apex (AM-142) United States Navy Admirable minesweeper ship during World War II
- USS Clearfield (APA-142) was a United States Navy Haskell-class attack transport during World War II
- USS Fessenden (DE-142) was a United States Navy Edsall-class destroyer escort during World War II
- USS General C. H. Muir (AP-142) was a United States Navy General G. O. Squier transport ship during World War II
- USS Tarbell (DD-142) was a United States Navy Wickes class destroyer during World War I
- TXC142 Drum and Bass producer from the UK
- The song “142” by Crackout on their 2002 This Is Really Neat CD
- The artist 142 (Brudda Numbers) frequently appears on the popular UK battle rap platform Don't Flop Entertainment as "the best on beat in the league and you've seen it".
- The 142nd Street Junction in the New York City Subway is the confluence of the 2 3 trains.
- The British Rail Class 142 is a class of Pacer diesel multiple units in the United Kingdom
- The Ling-Temco-Vought LTV XC-142 is a tiltwing experimental aircraft designed to investigate takeoffs and landings
- London Buses route 142 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London
- The Volvo 142 sedan
- The Zlin Z 142 single-engine 2-seater trainer aircraft
In other uses
- Bus 142 (the "Magic Bus"), whose number is clearly visible on the bus that Christopher McCandless lived in until his death in Alaska, features prominently on the bus in the film made about his life called Into the Wild
- List of highways numbered 142
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 142
- United States Supreme Court cases, Volume 142
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 142
- Erich Friedman, "What's Special About This Number": 142. Accessed 5 JAN 2008.