From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1432. For the band formerly known as 1432, see Fifth Harmony.
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1400s 1410s 1420s – 1430s – 1440s 1450s 1460s|
|Years:||1429 1430 1431 – 1432 – 1433 1434 1435|
|1432 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1432 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2185|
|English Regnal year||10 Hen. 6 – 11 Hen. 6|
|Chinese calendar||辛亥年 (Metal Pig)
4128 or 4068
— to —
壬子年 (Water Rat)
4129 or 4069
|- Vikram Samvat||1488–1489|
|- Shaka Samvat||1353–1354|
|- Kali Yuga||4532–4533|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyō 4
|Minguo calendar||480 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1974–1975|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1432.|
- Spring – An Albanian revolt, led by Gjergj Arianit Komneni, breaks out against the Ottoman Empire and spreads through most of Albania.
- April – At the end of the Hook and Cod wars, Jacqueline, Countess of Hainaut and Countess of Holland and Zeeland is forced by Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy, to abdicate all her estates in his favour, ending Hainaut and Holland as independent counties.
- May 6 – Jan van Eyck's Ghent Altarpiece is first presented to the public.
- June 1 – Battle of San Romano: Florence defeats Siena.
- August 31 – Sigismund Kęstutaitis attempts a capture or murder of Švitrigaila, his rival for the throne of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Švitrigaila manages to escape.
- December 8 – The first battle between the forces of Švitrigaila and Sigismund Kęstutaitis is fought near the town of Oszmiana (Ashmyany), launching the most active phase of the civil war in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
- The Université de Caen is founded.
- The first baccalaureate service is believed to have originated at the University of Oxford in 1432.
- January 15 – King Afonso V of Portugal (d. 1481)
- March 1 – Isabella of Coimbra, Portuguese infanta (d. 1455)
- March 2 – Countess Palatine Margaret of Mosbach, Countess consort of Hanau (d. 1457)
- March 30 – Mehmed II, the Conqueror, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1481)
- April 12 – Anne of Austria, Landgravine of Thuringia, Consort of William III, Landgrave of Thuringia (d. 1462)
- August 15 – Luigi Pulci, Italian poet (d. 1484)
- date unknown – Pope Innocent VIII (d. 1492)
- probable – Alvise Cadamosto, Italian explorer (d. 1488)
- January 22 – John of Schoonhoven, theologian (b. 1356)
- May 5 – Francesco Bussone da Carmagnola, Italian adventurer (executed)
- June 29 – Janus of Cyprus (b. 1375)
- October 19 – John de Mowbray, 2nd Duke of Norfolk, English politician (b. 1392)
- date unknown