Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1433 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1433 in poetry|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1433.|
- Winter – Much of the English town of Alnwick (in Northumbria) is burnt by a Scottish raiding party.
- May 31 – Sigismund is crowned Holy Roman Emperor in Rome. There has been no crowned Emperor since the death of his father, Charles IV, in 1378.
- August 14 – Edward I becomes King of Portugal.
- September – Cosimo de' Medici, later the de facto ruler of Florence and patron of Marsilio Ficino, is exiled by the Albizzi/Strozzi faction (Cosimo returns a year later, to the day, in 1434).
- October – Iliaș of Moldavia is dethroned by his brother Stephen II (their rivalry will be arbitrated eventually by the Polish king).
- December – Kalantiaw He Promulgated The Famous Code now Known as the Code Of Kalantiaw during his time before the Spaniards came and colonized at the Philippines and became the First Filipino Lawgiver.
- The Ming Dynasty in China disbands their naval fleet, after the last great maritime expedition, led by Admiral Zheng He, altering the balance of power in the Indian Ocean, and making it easier for Portugal and other Western naval powers to gain dominance over the seas.
- In Ming Dynasty China, cotton is listed as a permanent item of trade, on the tax registers of Songjiang prefecture.
- June 23 – Francis II, Duke of Brittany (d. 1488)
- August 31 – Sigismondo d'Este, Italian nobleman (d. 1507)
- September 17 – James of Portugal, Portuguese cardinal (d. 1459)
- September 24 – Shekha of Amarsar, Rajput chieftain (d. 1488)
- September 27 – Stanisław Kazimierczyk, Polish canon regular and saint (d. 1489)
- October 19 – Marsilio Ficino, Florentine philosopher (d. 1499)
- November 10
- date unknown – Stephen III of Moldavia, prince from 1457 (d. 1504)
- approximate date
- April 14 – Lidwina, Dutch saint (b. 1380)
- August 14 – King John I of Portugal (b. 1357)
- August 17 – Jan of Tarnów, Polish nobleman (b. 1367)
- December 1 – Emperor Go-Komatsu, the 100th emperor of Japan (b. 1377)
- date unknown – Zheng He, Chinese explorer (b. 1371)