|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
The 1440s BC is a decade which lasted from 1449 BC to 1440 BC.
Events and trends
- 1449 BC: Dumil Korean: 두밀, 27th Tanje of the ancient Korean kingdom of Gojoseon, is succeeded by Haemo Korean: 해모
- 1449 BC: Fíachu Labrainne, Milesians' High King of Ireland, is killed and succeeded by Eochu Mumu
- c. 1448 BC: The Gnbtyw people (Genebtyw or Genebtyu) first appear in Ganibatum during the 32nd year of reign of Thutmose III, the sixth Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt
- c. 1440 BC: first recorded urban settlement on or near Mount Yamanlar which controlled the Gulf of İzmir
- Kitchen, Kenneth A. (1999). "Ramesses II, Royal Inscriptions". Ramesside Inscriptions, Translated & Annotated Notes and Comments. Volume II. Oxford, England: Blackwell Publishers. pp. 104–105.