1440s in architecture
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|1430s . 1440s in architecture . 1450s|
- 1440s - Great Tower of Tattershall Castle, Lincolnshire, England, is probably largely completed.
- 1443 - The Castle of Zafra is completed.
- July 25 - The foundation stone of King's College Chapel, Cambridge, England is laid by King Henry VI of England.
- Approximate date
- 1446–1450 - Reconstruction of choir of Mont Saint Michel Abbey in Normandy is begun.
- c. 1447 - Llotja dels Mercaders (Silk Exchange) in Palma, Majorca, designed by Guillem Sagrera, completed.
- c. 1440 - Reginald Bray born in Worcester, England (d. 1503)
- c. 1443 - Giuliano da Sangallo born in Florence (d. 1516)
- c. 1444 - Donato Bramante born in Monte Asdrualdo (modern-day Fermignano), Italy (d. 1514)