|Cardinal||one hundred forty-four|
(one hundred forty-fourth)
|Factorization||24 × 32|
|Divisors||1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 16, 18, 24, 36, 48, 72, 144|
144 is the smallest number with exactly 15 divisors, but it is not highly composite since the smaller number 120 has 16 divisors.
144 is divisible by the value of its φ function, which returns 48 in this case. Also, there are 21 solutions to the equation φ(x) = 144, more than any integer below 144, making it a highly totient number.
1445 = 275 + 845 + 1105 + 1335, the smallest number whose fifth power is a sum of four (smaller) fifth powers. This solution was found in 1966 by L. J. Lander and T. R. Parkin, and disproved Euler's sum of powers conjecture.
The maximum determinant in a 9 by 9 matrix of zeroes and ones is 144.
In the military
- USS Arch (AM-144) was a United States Navy Admirable-class minesweeper ship during World War II
- USS Clinton (APA-144) was a United States Navy Haskell-class attack transport ship during World War II
- USS Frost (DE-144) was a United States Navy Edsall-class destroyer escort during World War II
- USS General H. F. Hodges (AP-144) was a United States Navy General G. O. Squier–class transport ship during World War II
- USS Mississinewa (AO-144) was a United States Navy Neosho-class fleet oiler commissioned in 1955
- USS Upshur (DD-144) was a United States Navy Wickes-class destroyer during World War I
- USS Worcester (CL-144) was a United States Navy light cruiser following World War II
- College Hoops Net (CHN) annual ranking of the Top 144 NCAA college basketball teams in 144 days
- The CFL record for career touchdown receptions, held by Milt Stegall of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 144 Auto Class ferries are proposed additions to the Washington State Ferries fleet
- London Buses route 144 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London
- Sydney bus route 144 was the first government-operated bus route in Sydney, Australia
- STS-144 was a proposed, now cancelled, Space Shuttle Columbia mission for November 2009 to retrieve the Hubble Space Telescope
- British Rail Class 144 "Pacer" diesel multiple diesels built in 1986
- Tupolev Tu-144 was the first supersonic transport aircraft (SST), constructed under the direction of the Soviet Tupolev
In other fields
144 is also:
- The year AD 144 or 144 BC
- 144 AH is a year in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 761–762 AD.
- 144 Vibilia is a dark, large Main belt asteroid
- The measurement, in cubits, of the wall of New Jerusalem shown by the seventh angel (Bible, Revelation 21:17)
- The Intel 8086 instruction for no operation (NOP)
- The emergency phone number for animals in danger in the Netherlands.
- The telephone number for directory assistance in Israel
- The emergency telephone number for medical emergencies in Austria and Switzerland.
- Psalm 144
- Sonnet 144 by William Shakespeare
- Rule 144A, of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 deals with private resales of restricted securities
- Form 144 (December 6, 2007), amends Rule 144 under the United States Securities Act of 1933 which regulates the resale of restricted securities and securities held by affiliates
- Section 144 of Bangladesh Code of Criminal Procedure prohibits assembly of five or more persons, public meetings, and carrying firearms
- The atomic number of unquadquadium, a temporary chemical element
- 1:144 scale is a scale used for some scale models
- The number of square inches in a square foot
- Mahjong is usually played with a set of 144 tiles.
- 144 (film), 2015 Indian Tamil film
- List of highways numbered 144
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 144
- United States Supreme Court cases, Volume 144
- P.S. 144 Col. Jeromus Remsen School, Forest Hills, Queens, New York
- 144th Delaware General Assembly
- Bryan Bunch, The Kingdom of Infinite Number. New York: W. H. Freeman & Company (2000): 165
- "Sloane's A097942 : Highly totient numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Sloane's A005349 : Niven (or Harshad) numbers". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- College Hoops Net
- Porter, Darwin; Danforth Prince (2009). Frommer's Austria. Hoboken, New Jersey: Frommer's. p. 482. ISBN 978-0-470-39897-5.
- Erste Hilfe - Notfall Nummern
- Wells, D. The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers. London: Penguin Group. (1987): 139–140.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 144 (number).|