From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the year 1475.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1440s 1450s 1460s – 1470s – 1480s 1490s 1500s|
|Years:||1472 1473 1474 – 1475 – 1476 1477 1478|
|1475 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1475 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2228|
|English Regnal year||14 Edw. 4 – 15 Edw. 4|
|Chinese calendar||甲午年 (Wood Horse)
4171 or 4111
— to —
乙未年 (Wood Goat)
4172 or 4112
|- Vikram Samvat||1531–1532|
|- Shaka Samvat||1397–1398|
|- Kali Yuga||4576–4577|
|Japanese calendar||Bunmei 7
|Minguo calendar||437 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||2017–2018|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1475.|
- January 10 – Battle of Vaslui: Stephen III of Moldavia defeats the Ottoman Empire, which is led at this time by Mehmed the Conqueror of Constantinople.
- July 4 – Burgundian Wars: Edward IV of England lands in Calais in support of the Duchy of Burgundy against France.
- August 29 – The Treaty of Picquigny ends the brief war between France and England.
- November 13 – Burgundian Wars: Battle on the Planta: Forces of the Old Swiss Confederacy are victorious against those of the Duchy of Savoy near Sion, Switzerland.
- November 14 – The original Landshut Wedding takes place, between George, Duke of Bavaria, and Hedwig Jagiellon.
- Recuyell of the Historyes of Troye is the first book to be printed in English, by William Caxton in Bruges.
- Rashi's commentary on the Torah is the first dated book to be printed in Hebrew, in Reggio di Calabria.
- The oldest recorded game of chess is played, between Francesco di Castellvi and Narciso Vinyoles.
- Conrad of Megenberg's book, Buch der Natur, is published in Augsburg.
- February 25 – Edward Plantagenet, 17th Earl of Warwick, last male member of the House of York (d. 1499)
- March 6 – Michelangelo Buonarroti, Italian painter (d. 1564)
- September 6 – Sebastiano Serlio, Italian Mannerist architect (d. 1554)
- September 13 – Cesare Borgia, illegitimate son of Pope Alexander VI (approximate date; d. 1507)
- December 11 – Pope Leo X (d. 1521)
- December 24 – Thomas Murner, German satirist (d. c. 1537)
- date unknown
- Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón, Spanish explorer (d. 1526)
- Thomas West, 9th Baron De La Warr (d. 1554)
- Margaret Drummond, mistress of James IV of Scotland (d. 1502)
- Pierre Gringoire, French poet and playwright (d. 1538)
- Filippo de Lurano, Italian composer (d. 1520)
- John Stokesley, English prelate (d. 1539)
- March – Simon of Trent, Italian saint, subject of a blood libel
- March 10 – Richard West, 7th Baron De La Warr (b. 1430)
- March 20 – Georges Chastellain, Burgundian chronicler and poet
- June 13 – Joan of Portugal, Queen of Castile (b. 1439)
- September 6 – Adolph II of Nassau, Archbishop of Mainz (b. c. 1423)
- December 10 – Paolo Uccello, Italian painter (b. 1397)
- date unknown