From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||16th century BC – 15th century BC – 14th century BC|
|Decades:||1520s BC 1510s BC 1500s BC – 1490s BC – 1480s BC 1470s BC 1460s BC|
|Years:||1499 BC 1498 BC 1497 BC 1496 BC 1495 BC 1494 BC 1493 BC 1492 BC 1491 BC 1490 BC|
Events and trends
- Egypt conquers Nubia and the Levant (1504 BC–1492 BC).
- 1497 BC—Cranaus, legendary King of Athens, is deposed after a reign of 10 years by his son-in-law Amphictyon of Thessaly, son of Deucalion and Pyrrha.
- 1493 BC—Thutmose I (Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt) died.
- c. 1492 BC—Thutmose I dies (other date is 1493 BC).
- 1492 BC—April 3—Lunar Saros 37 begins.
- 1491 BC—According to James Ussher's chronology, this is when Moses led the Hebrews from Egypt. This was called the Exodus.