14 Reels Plus
|Formerly||14 Reels Entertainment (2009-2017)|
|Founded||Hyderabad, Telangana in 2009|
14 Reels Plus, formerly 14 Reels Entertainment, is an Indian film production and distribution company that primarily operates in Telugu cinema. It is established by Ram Achanta, Gopichand Achanta and Anil Sunkara.
Ram Achanta with his brother Gopichand Achanta and Anil Sunkara started the production company in 2009. All three of them are NRI businessmen and have previous experience in film distribution. Anil Sunkara owns another production company called "AK Entertainments" and produced Bindaas and 2011 film Aha Naa Pellanta. In 2009, the three decided to enter film production and approached their long time friend and director Srinu Vaitla. In 2009, they started their first film Namo Venkatesa under Vaitla's direction and with Venkatesh and Trisha Krishnan in lead roles. The film was released in 2010 and opened with mixed to negative reviews.
After Namo Venkatesa, they again teamed up with Sreen Vaitla to produce Dookudu with Mahesh Babu and Samantha in lead roles. The film production started in late 2010 and was released in September 2011. Upon release the film took the largest opening for a Telugu film, and collected a total share of ₹₹ 50.07 crores. The film was nominated in 10 categories for the Filmfare Awards South and won 6 awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Actor.
After Dookudu, they once again teamed up with Mahesh Babu for 1 (Nenokkadine), directed by Sukumar. The film stars Kriti Sanon opposite Mahesh Babu and was scheduled to release in 2014. 1 nenokkadine collected ₹60 crore (US$8.0 million) domestic nett and ₹5 crore (US$660,000) in the rest of India. At overseas 1 nenokkadine boosted up with ₹13 crore (US$1.7 million) nett being 2nd highest grosser at Overseas despite of mixed reviews. 1 nenokkadine collected ₹75 crore (US$10 million) nett in 80 Days worldwide with a gross of ₹115 crore (US$15 million). 1 nenokkadine was made with a budget of ₹70 crore (US$9.3 million) with ₹ 5 crores extra in Prints and marketing. 1 nenokkadine Pre-release revenue's went up to ₹92.5 crore (US$12 million).
They began film distribution under the 14 Reels banner in 2010 with S. S. Rajamouli's Maryada Ramanna. They distributed the film in Krishna district. They went on to distribute Thakita Thakita, 180, 7th Sense, Rachcha, Endukante... Premanta! and more recently Eega. They usually distribute films in Krishna region of Andhra Pradesh and Overseas.
In 2018, Ram and Gopichand Achanta started producing under 14 Reels Plus LLC marking Gaddalakonda Ganesh as their first production with out the involvement of Anil Sunkara who was actively producing under AK Entertainments.
As 14 Reels Plus
|1||2019||Gaddalakonda Ganesh||Telugu||Varun Tej, Atharvaa, Pooja Hegde, Mirnalini Ravi||Harish Shankar|
|2||2020||Sreekaram||Sharwanand, Priyanka Arul Mohan, Sai Kumar, Murali Sharma, Rao Ramesh||Kishore Reddy|
|3||2021||Sarkaru Vaari Paata||Mahesh Babu, Keerthy Suresh||Parasuram||Co-Produced with Mythri Movie Makers & G.Mahesh Babu Entertainment|
As 14 Reels Entertainment
|1||2010||Namo Venkatesa||Telugu||Venkatesh, Trisha||Srinu Vaitla|
|2||2011||Dookudu||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Samantha Ruth Prabhu||Srinu Vaitla||Nandi Award for Best Popular Feature Film|
SIIMA Award for Best Film
Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu
Remade in Kannada as Power
|3||2014||1 Nenokkadine||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Kriti Sanon||Sukumar|
|4||2014||Legend||Telugu||Nandamuri Balakrishna, Jagapathi Babu, Radhika Apte, Sonal Chauhan||Boyapati Srinu||Co Production with Varahi Chalana Chitram|
|5||2014||Power||Kannada||Puneeth Rajkumar, Trisha||Madesh||Remake of Dookudu|
|6||2014||Aagadu||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Tamannaah Bhatia||Srinu Vaitla|
|7||2016||Krishna Gadi Veera Prema Gaadha||Telugu||Nani, Mehreen Pirzada, Harish Uthaman, Sampath Raj, Murali Sharma, Brahmaji||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|8||2016||Hyper||Telugu||Ram Pothineni, Raashi Khanna, Sathyaraj||Santosh Srinivas|
|9||2017||LIE||Telugu||Nithiin, Megha Akash, Arjun Sarja||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|2010||Maryada Ramanna||Krishna district|
|2010||Thakita Thakita||Krishna district|
|2011||7th Sense||Krishna district|
|2012||Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu||Krishna district|
|2013||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu||Overseas|
- "14 Reels Entertainment". Chithr.com. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "14 Reels Bought Rights for Krishna". Cinemahour.com. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Varun Tej's new film Valmiki launched". Indian Express. Retrieved 13 August 2019.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (18 September 2019). "Atharvaa makes his Telugu film debut with 'Valmiki'" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Sreekaram: First look of Sharwanand's upcoming film unveiled - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Mahesh Babu announces next film 'Sarkaru Vaari Paata'". The Statesman. 31 May 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- "14 Reels Entertainment (P) Ltd - DISTRIBUTION". 14reels.net. Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Great offers for 7th Sense in the state!". AndhraBoxOffice.com. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "No Threat @ to Rachcha from Krishna Distributors | ciniden". Ciniden.blogspot.com. Archived from the original on 27 November 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "'Rachcha' Pre Release Business Details". Cine Vedika. Archived from the original on 30 June 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Endukante Premanta Overseas by 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd through FICUS". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Eega Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Press Note : Nann Ee in USA & Canada by 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd through FICUS". 123telugu.com. 1 January 1998. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Tuniga Tuniga Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS". 123 Telugu. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar. "14 Reels bags Andala Rakshasi overseas rights". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Rebel Distribution rights". Andhra Reporter. Archived from the original on 15 November 2012. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "14 Reels bags CGTR rights for Krishna Dt". The Times of India. 5 October 2012. Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "14 Reels bought 'SVSC' Overseas Rights". Supergoodmovies.com. 19 March 2012. Archived from the original on 18 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Prabhas Mirchi Rights Sold For Huge Prices". timesofap.com. Archived from the original on 7 January 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2013.