14 Reels Entertainment
|Founded||Hyderabad, Telangana in 2009|
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana India|
Ram Achanta with his brother Gopichand Achanta and Anil Sunkara started the production company in 2009. All three of them are NRI businessmen and have previous experience in film distribution. Anil Sunkara owns another production company called "AK Entertainments" and produced Bindaas and 2011 film Aha Naa Pellanta. In 2009, the three decided to enter film production and approached their long time friend and director Srinu Vaitla. In 2009, they started their first film Namo Venkatesa under Vaitla's direction and with Venkatesh and Trisha Krishnan in lead roles. The film was released in 2010 and opened with mixed to negative reviews.
After Namo Venkatesa, they again teamed up with Sreen Vaitla to produce Dookudu with Mahesh Babu and Samantha in lead roles. The film production started in late 2010 and was released in September 2011. Upon release the film took the largest opening for a Telugu film, and collected a share of ₹ 9 crores and gross of ₹12.58 crores on the first day of its release. It collected a share of ₹35.01 crores and grossed ₹50.07 crores in its first week. On its complete theatrical run, the film grossed more than ₹100 crores.The film grossed ₹ 101 crores in just 47 Days delivering a Share of ₹60 crore (US$9.3 million).The film went on to collect a Share of ₹65 crore (US$10 million) in 8 weeks.Dookudu ended with a final collection of ₹125 crore (US$19 million) delivering a Share of ₹81 crore (US$13 million).Dookudu collected 2 Million dollars at Overseas(₹16 Crores). and also became the first film to cross the million dollar mark in United States. The film grossed ₹1.5 crores within two days, in UK, Australia, Dubai and Canada. The film was nominated in 10 categories for the Filmfare Awards South and won 6 awards including Best Film, Best Director and Best Actor.
After Dookudu, they once again teamed up with Mahesh Babu for 1 (Nenokkadine), directed by Sukumar. The film stars Kriti Sanon opposite Mahesh Babu and was scheduled to release in 2014. 1 nenokkadine collected ₹60 crore (US$9.3 million) domestic nett and ₹5 crore (US$770,000) in the rest of India. At overseas 1 nenokkadine boosted up with ₹13 crore (US$2.0 million) nett being 2nd highest grosser at Overseas despite of mixed reviews. 1 nenokkadine collected ₹75 crore (US$12 million) nett in 80 Days worldwide with a gross of ₹115 crore (US$18 million). 1 nenokkadine was made with a budget of ₹70 crore (US$11 million) with ₹ 5 crores extra in Prints and marketing. 1 nenokkadine Pre-release revenue's went up to ₹92.5 crore (US$14 million).
They began film distribution under the 14 Reels banner in 2010 with S. S. Rajamouli's Maryada Ramanna. They distributed the film in Krishna district. They went on to distribute Thakita Thakita, 180, 7th Sense, Rachcha, Endukante... Premanta! and more recently the Eega. They usually distribute films in Krishna region of Andhra Pradesh and Overseas.
|1||2010||Namo Venkatesa||Telugu||Venkatesh, Trisha||Srinu Vaitla|
|2||2011||Dookudu||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Samantha Ruth Prabhu||Srinu Vaitla||Nandi Award for Best Popular Feature Film
SIIMA Award for Best Film
Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu
Remade in Kannada as Power
|3||2014||1 Nenokkadine||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Kriti Sanon||Sukumar|
|4||2014||Legend||Telugu||Nandamuri Balakrishna, Radhika Apte, Sonal Chauhan||Boyapati Srinu||Co Production with Varahi Chalana Chitram|
|5||2014||Power||Kannada||Puneeth Rajkumar, Trisha||Madesh||Remake of Dookudu|
|6||2014||Aagadu||Telugu||Mahesh Babu, Tamannaah Bhatia||Srinu Vaitla|
|7||2016||Krishna Gadi Veera Prema Gaadha||Telugu||Nani, Mehrene Kaur Peerzada||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|8||2016||Hyper||Telugu||Ram Pothineni, Raashi Khanna||Santosh Srinivas|
|2010||Maryada Ramanna||Krishna district|
|2010||Thakita Thakita||Krishna district|
|2011||7th Sense||Krishna district|
|2012||Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu||Krishna district
|2013||Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu||Overseas
- "14 Reels Entertainment". Chithr.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Dookudu's first day gross: Rs. 12.58 cr.". IndiaGlitz.
- "Dookudu's unbelievable 7-day gross: Rs. 50.07 cr.". IndiaGlitz.
- "Dookudu collects 70 crores gross in 2nd Week". idlebrain.
- "Mahesh's Million US Dollar Dookudu.". idlebrain.
- "14 Reels Bought Rights for Krishna". Cinemahour.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "14 Reels Entertainment (P) Ltd - DISTRIBUTION". 14reels.net. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Great offers for 7th Sense in the state!". AndhraBoxOffice.com. 2011-10-15. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "No Threat @ to Rachcha from Krishna Distributors | ciniden". Ciniden.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "'Rachcha' Pre Release Business Details | Cine Vedika | Telugu | News | Daily Serials | TV Shows | Movies| Music". Cine Vedika. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Endukante Premanta Overseas by 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd through FICUS". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Eega Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Press Note : Nann Ee in USA & Canada by 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd through FICUS". 123telugu.com. 1998-01-01. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Tuniga Tuniga Overseas by 14 Reels through FICUS". 123 Telugu. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar. "14 Reels bags Andala Rakshasi overseas rights". Times of India. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Rebel Distribution rights". Andhra Reporter. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "14 Reels bags CGTR rights for Krishna Dt.". The Times of India. 2012-10-05. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "14 Reels bought 'SVSC' Overseas Rights". Supergoodmovies.com. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Prabhas Mirchi Rights Sold For Huge Prices". timesofap.com. Retrieved January 5, 2013.