14th Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Susuz Yaz)|
|Festival date||26 June – 7 July 1964|
The 14th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 26 June to 7 July 1964. The Swedish film 491 by Vilgot Sjöman was rejected by festival director Alfred Bauer owing to its controversial nature. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Turkish film Susuz Yaz directed by Metin Erksan.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Anthony Mann (Head of Jury)
- Hermann Schwerin
- Lucas Demare
- Jacques Doniol-Valcroze
- Yorgos Javellas
- Richard Todd
- Takashi Hamama
- Gerd Ressing
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Susuz Yaz by Metin Erksan
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Satyajit Ray for Mahanagar
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Sachiko Hidari for Nippon konchuki and Kanojo to kare
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Rod Steiger for The Pawnbroker
- Silver Bear Extraordinary Prize: Ruy Guerra for Os Fuzis
- Youth Film Award
- Youth Film Award - Honorable Mention
- FIPRESCI Award
- FIPRESCI Award - Honorable Mention
- Interfilm Award
- OCIC Award
- UNICRIT Award
- "14th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Retrieved 16 February 2010.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1964". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "JURIES 1964". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
- "PROGRAMME 1964". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2014.