|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Centuries:||1st century · 2nd century · 3rd century|
|Decades:||120s · 130s · 140s · 150s · 160s · 170s · 180s|
|Years:||147 · 148 · 149 · 150 · 151 · 152 · 153|
|150 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||903|
|Chinese calendar||己丑年 (Earth Ox)
2846 or 2786
— to —
庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)
2847 or 2787
|Coptic calendar||−134 – −133|
|- Vikram Samvat||206–207|
|- Shaka Samvat||71–72|
|- Kali Yuga||3250–3251|
|Iranian calendar||472 BP – 471 BP|
|Islamic calendar||487 BH – 486 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1762 before ROC
|Seleucid era||461/462 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||692–693|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 150.|
Year 150 (CL) was a common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Squilla and Vetus (or, less frequently, year 903 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 150 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- The Roman town Forum Hadriani (Voorburg) receives the title of Municipium Aelium Cananefatium, "the town of the Cananefates" (modern Netherlands). The town is awarded with rights to organize markets.
- The Germans of the east move south, into the Carpathians and Black Sea area.
- The Albani appear in the Roman province of Macedon.
- The Middle Culture period of Mayan civilization ends (approximate date).
- The Great Pyramid of the Sun is constructed in Teotihuacan. It is the tallest pre-Columbian building in the Americas.
- Marcion of Sinope produces his bible canon, consisting of purged versions of the Gospel of Luke and ten Pauline letters (approximate date).
Arts and sciences
- The earliest atlas (Ptolemy's Geography) is made (approximate date).
- This is also the approximate date of completion of Ptolemy's monumental work Almagest. The geocentric cosmology contained in it holds sway for 1,400 years.
- Antoninus Liberalis writes a work on mythology (Μεταμορφωσεων Συναγωγη) (approximate date).
- Paper, made in China, arrives in Transoxiana.
- Monoimus, Arab gnostic (approximate date) (d. c. 210 AD)
- Nagarjuna, founder of Mahayana "Great Vehicle" (approximate date) (d. c. 250)
- Yufuluo, Chanyu of the southern Xiongnu (d. 196)
- Xu Shao, Han dynasty government official (d. 195)
- Zhang Zhongjing, Chinese physician (d. 219)