1507 in literature
This article presents lists of the literary events and publications in 1507.
- King James IV grants a patent for the first printing press in Scotland to Walter Chepman and Androw Myllar.
- Matthias Ringmann? – Cosmographiae Introductio (published to accompany Martin Waldseemüller's globe and map)
- Francesco Spinacino – Intabollatura de lauto (earliest known published scores for lute)
- Jean Lemaire de Belges – Les Chansons de Namur
- Baptista Mantuanus
- Mantuan Georgius
- Obiurgatio cum exortatione ad capienda arma contra infideles ad Potentatos Christianos
- Jean Marot – Le Voyage de Gênes
- January 25 – Johannes Oporinus, Swiss printer (died 1568)
- April 13 – Konrad Hubert, German religious reformer and hymnwriter (died 1577)
- June 6 – Annibale Caro, Italian poet and translator (died 1566)
- July 5 – (Petrus) Crinitus ("Pietro Crinito"), Florentine Italian humanist scholar and Latin-language poet (born 1474)
- August 23 – Jean Molinet, French Burgundian poet, chronicler and composer (born 1435)