1507 in poetry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in poetry (table)|
|... 1497 . 1498 . 1499 . 1500 . 1501 . 1502 . 1503 ...
1504 1505 1506 -1507- 1508 1509 1510
... 1511 . 1512 . 1513 . 1514 . 1515 . 1516 . 1517 ...
In literature: 1504 1505 1506 -1507- 1508 1509 1510
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- William Dunbar, The Tua Maritt Wemen and the Wedo, publication year uncertain; also contains the author's "Lament for the Makaris", "Kynd Kittok", and "The Testament of Mr. Andro. Kennedy"; Great Britain
- The Jousts of May and June, anonymously published, publication year uncertain; Great Britain
- Jean Lemaire de Belges, Les Chansons de Namur, written in support of a popular revolt; Belgian Waloon poet writing in French
- Guntherus Ligurinis, Ligurinus sive de gestis Frederici I libri X, a description of the battles Frederick Barbarossa fought with Milan whom the poet calls "Ligures", written by a 12th-century poet, found in a monastery by C. Celtis, who gave it to K. Peutinger, published by Chunrades Peutinger; republished in 1531 by J. Spiegel in Strasbourg, and in 1561 by Otto von Freising in Basel, Switzerland
- Baptista Mantuanus, an Italian, Latin-language poet:
- Jean Marot, Le Voyage de Gênes
Death years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- June 6 – Annibale Caro (died 1566), Italian
- October 7 – Guillaume Guéroult born about this year (died 1569), French editor, translator and poet
Birth years link to the corresponding "[year] in poetry" article:
- August 23 – Jean Molinet (born 1435), French poet, chronicler, and composer
- Petrus Crinitus, also known as "Pietro Crinito" (born 1474), Florentine Italian humanist scholar and poet who wrote verses in Latin
- 16th century in poetry
- 16th century in literature
- French Renaissance literature
- Grands Rhétoriqueurs
- Renaissance literature
- Spanish Renaissance literature
- Cox, Michael, editor, The Concise Oxford Chronology of English Literature, Oxford University Press, 2004, ISBN 0-19-860634-6
- Web page titled "Chadwyck-Healey English Poetry Database: Tudor Poetry, 1500-1603 Table of Contents", at the Stanford University Library website, retrieved June 20, 2009. Archived 2009-07-22.
- "Jean Lemaire de Belges" article, p 453, in France, Peter, editor, The New Oxford Companion to Literature in French, New York: Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-866125-8
- Web page titled "Ortelius Bibliography", retrieved May 17, 2009. Archived 2009-05-20.
- Mantuanus, Baptista The Eclogues of Baptista Mantuanus, edited by Wilfred Pirt Mustard, The Johns Hopkins press, 1911, retrieved via Google Books, May 17, 2009
- France, Peter, editor, The New Oxford Companion to Literature in French, 1993, Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-866125-8
- Web page titled "Tra Medioevo en rinascimento" at Poeti di Italia in Lingua Latina website (in Italian), retrieved May 14, 2009. Archived 2009-05-27.