1519 in art
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Girolamo Alibrandi paints the Presentation at the Temple.
- Hans Burckmair paints a panel picture of the Crucifixion, with St. George and the Emperor Heinrich on the wings.
- Albrecht Dürer paints St Anne with the Virgin and Child.
- Sebastiano del Piombo paints The Raising of Lazarus.
- Raffaello Sanzio paints Pope Leo X with Cardinals Giulio de'Medici and Luigi de'Rossi.
- Titian finishes painting The Worship of Venus (Madrid, Museo del Prado).
- Bernard van Orley paints Joris van Zelle.
- Wen Cheng-ming paints Scholars at Leisure in a Precipitous Ravine.
- The portrait of Emperor Maximilian in Nürnberg is painted.
- May 2 – Leonardo da Vinci, Italian architect, anatomist, sculptor, engineer, inventor, geometer, scientist, mathematician, musician and painter (born 1452)
- July 2 - Francesco Bonsignori, Italian painter (born 1455)
- November 30 - Michael Wolgemut, German painter and printmaker (born 1434)
- date unknown
- Alexander Bening, miniature painter of the Ghent-Bruges school and Netherlandish tradition (born unknown)
- Domenico Fancelli, Italian sculptor working in Spain (born 1469)
- Ambrosius Holbein, German and Swiss artist in painting, drawing and printmaking (born 1494)
- Jan Joest, Dutch painter (born 1450/1460)
- Antoine Juste, Italian sculptor (born 1479)
- Juan de Flandes, Early Netherlandish painter who was active in Spain (born 1460)
- Jan Polack, Polish-born German painter (born 1435)
- Bartholomäus Zeitblom, German painter and the chief master of the school of Ulm (born 1450)
|This art history-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|