152 (North Irish) Regiment RLC
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The regiment was formed in the Royal Corps of Transport in 1967 with two transport squadrons. In the 1980s it was redesignated 152 (Ulster) Ambulance Regiment, and transferred into The Royal Logistic Corps in 1993 as 152 (Ulster) Ambulance Regiment. In 1999 it acquired a third squadron from 157th Transport Regiment and was put under the administrative control of the Army Medical Services. In 2006 it re-roled as a transport regiment and was transferred back to control of The Royal Logistic Corps, returning an ambulance squadron to 157th Transport Regiment and acquiring a newly raised third transport squadron.
152 (Ulster) Ambulance Regiment Royal Corps of Transport (Volunteers) Formed 1 April 1967 with headquarters at Belfast from 68 (Northern Ireland) Regiment RCT (TA) (previously known as 540 (Ulster) Coy, RASC (TA) prior to the introduction of Royal Corps of Transport in 1965). Regiment absorbed also 539 (Ulster) Supply Company RAOC (TA) and 17 Supply Platoon RAOC (TA). SQUADRONS: 211 Squadron at Derry with Troop at Ballymoney. 220 Squadron at Belfast
152 (Ulster) Ambulance Transport Regiment The Royal Logistic Corps (Volunteers) Formed 1 April 1993 by redesignation. SQUADRONS: HQ Squadron at Belfast. 211 Ambulance Transport Squadron at Derry and Coleraine. 220 Ambulance Transport Squadron at Belfast.
1 July 1999 Regiment reorganised. SQUADRONS: 211 Ambulance Squadron at Derry with Troop at Coleraine. 220 Ambulance Squadron at Belfast. 580 Ambulance Squadron at Bridgend by transfer from 157 Transport Regiment RLC(V).
In 2006 Regiment re-roled as a Transport Regiment and was transferred back to The Royal Logistic Corps control, returning an ambulance squadron to 157th Transport Regiment and acquiring a newly raised third transport squadron.
- 211 Transport Squadron at Derry with Troop at Coleraine.
- 220 Transport Squadron (1967 to Unknown) - Based in Palace Barracks, Holywood previously Sunnyside Street TA Centre, Belfast prior to 2006.
- 227 HQ Squadron.
- 400 Transport Squadron (2006 to 2014) - Based in Palace Barracks, Holywood previously Sunnyside Street TA Centre, Belfast prior to 2006.
- 580 Transport Squadron (1999 to 2006) - Based in Maindy Barracks, Cardiff and now with 157 Transport Regiment.
- 931 (Ulster) Company, Royal Army Service Corps (TA) (1947 to 1967).
During 2014 the Regiment was re-roled as a petroleum regiment.
- 211 Tanker Squadron at Derry with Troop at Coleraine.
- 220 Tanker Squadron at Kinnegar Logistic Base, Holywood
- 227 HQ Squadron at Palace Barracks, Holywood
- 400 Fuel Squadron at Palace Barracks, Holywood