1532 in science
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Petrus Apianus publishes at Ingolstadt Ein Bericht der Kurtzer Observation unnd urtels des Jűngst erschinnen Cometen (on his observations of comets) and Quadrans astronomicus Apiani (on the astronomical quadrant).
Exploration and geography
- Diego Hurtado de Mendoza, 1st Count of Melito, begins exploration of the islands of the Pacific Ocean's eastern littoral.
- Jacob Ziegler publishes his principal geographical treatise, Quae intus continentur Syria, Palestina, Arabia, Aegyptus, Schondia, Holmiae... at Strasbourg.
- John Hawkins, English navigator (died 1595)
- Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa, Spanish explorer and scientist (died 1592)
- Diego de Ordaz, Spanish explorer (born 1480)