1541 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1541
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1541 in Ireland.
- June 11
- June 18 – by the Crown of Ireland Act, the Parliament of Ireland, meeting in Dublin, declares King Henry VIII of England and his heirs to be Kings of Ireland, replacing the Lordship of Ireland with the Kingdom of Ireland.
- September – 28 December: County Tyrone is pacified by Anthony St Leger (Lord Deputy of Ireland); Conn O'Neill submits to royal authority at Dundalk.
- Dissolution of the Monasteries – establishments dissolved include:
- Abbeymahon Abbey.
- Athassel Priory.
- Ballybeg Priory.
- Castlelyons Friary.
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, Dublin.
- Dungarvan Priory.
- Glanworth Abbey (February).
- Glascarrig Priory, County Wexford.
- Grey Abbey, Greyabbey (1 February).
- Inch Abbey.
- Kilconnell Friary.
- Kilmallock Friary.
- Limerick Priory.
- Molana Abbey.
- Newtownards Priory (February).
- Quin Abbey.
- Rincrew Abbey.
- St. Katherine's Abbey, Monisternagalliaghduff.
- The Honorable Society of King's Inns is created in Dublin.
- The Barony of Louth is created in the Peerage of Ireland in favour of Oliver Plunkett.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Mosley, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage. 1 (10th ed.). p. 1212.
- Moody, T. W.; et al., eds. (1989). A New History of Ireland. 8: A Chronology of Irish History. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-821744-2.
- "Crown of Ireland Act 1542". Heraldica. 2003-07-25. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- Text of the Crown of Ireland Act (I) 1542 (c. 1) as in force today (including any amendments) within the United Kingdom, from legislation.gov.uk