From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- January 23 - Johannes Honter, Romanian humanist theologian (born 1498)
- January 28 - Elia Levita, Hebrew grammarian, scholar and poet (born 1469)
- March 25 - Veit Dietrich, German theologian (born 1506)
- April - Andrew Boorde, traveller, physician and writer (born 1490)
- August - Jacob Ziegler, humanist and theologian (born c.1470)
- December 21 - Marguerite de Navarre, French princess, poet, playwright and short story writer (born 1492)
- date unknown
- probable - Leonard Cox, humanist scholar and rhetorician (born c.1495)
- ^ Penguin Pocket On This Day. Penguin Reference Library. 2006. ISBN 0-14-102715-0.
- ^ Palmer, Alan; Palmer, Veronica (1992). The Chronology of British History. London: Century Ltd. pp. 147–150. ISBN 0-7126-5616-2.
- ^ Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson. pp. 215–218. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.
- ^ Ross, Alexander (1884). "The Reverend Donald Munro, M.A., High Dean of the Isles". The Celtic Magazine 9: 142–144.
- ^ "History of Guildhall Library". City of London. Retrieved 2014-04-07.