1556 in India
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|See also:||List of years in India|
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1556 in India.
- 14 February – at the age of 13 Akbar becomes the emperor of Mughal India
- 7 October – Hemu, the Chief Minister and general of Adil Shah Suri defeats the Mughals in the Battle of Tughlaqabad and captures Delhi.
- 5 November – The Mughals defeat Hemu in the Second Battle of Panipat and recapture Delhi.
- 17 December – Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana poet (died 1627)
- Ibrahim Adil Shah II, later king of Bijapur Sultanate (died 1627)
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|