1556 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1556 in India.
- February 14 — at the age of 13 Akbar becomes the emperor of Mughal India
- October 7 — Hemu, the Chief Minister and general of Adil Shah Suri defeats the Mughals in the Battle of Tughlaqabad and captures Delhi.
- November 5 — The Mughals defeat Hemu in the Second Battle of Panipat and recapture Delhi.
- December 17 — Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana poet (died 1627)
- Ibrahim Adil Shah II, later king of Bijapur Sultanate (died 1627)
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|