1559 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1559 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1559 in Ireland.
- September 3 – Robert Dillon is appointed Chief Justice of the Irish Common Pleas.
- Shane O'Neill is elected to succeed Conn O'Neill as The Ó Néill Mór.
- Valentine Browne is appointed Surveyor General of Ireland by Queen Elizabeth.
- William FitzWilliam is appointed Vice-Treasurer and acting Lord Chief Justice of Ireland.
- Approximate date – the Church of Ireland Bishopric of Mayo is united with the Archdiocese of Tuam.
- March – Robert Plunkett, 5th Baron of Dunsany
- Gerald Aylmer, judge (b. c.1500)
- Conn O'Neill, 1st Earl of Tyrone, King of Tír Eoghain (b. c.1480)
- Approximate date – John Bathe, lawyer.
- Moody, T. W.; Martin, F. X., eds. (1967). The Course of Irish History. Cork: Mercier Press. p. 370.